AFI was approached by Lutra to collaborate in the design and construction of modular water treatment plants, named Safewater. These treatment plants are a turn-key water treatment solution built locally in Wellington, New Zealand. AFI provided electrical design and the electrical hardware and installation along with the development of PLC controls and a full SCADA system. One of the critical aspects of the plant is to provide ‘safe’ water to its end-user.
Proving compliance is a critical part of providing safe drinking water – thus a full historian was implemented on the industrial PC installed inside the mobile plant along with network assessed storage to back up data and an RTU to log data locally, providing triple redundant data storage.
- Reviewed and amended FDs released by Lutra
- Contracted the electrical design and switchboard build
- Specified and selected all automation equipment.
- Developed all PLC software – Schneider Control Expert
- Developed the ArchestrA SCADA system – including establishment of a local historian, an alarm notification system, with SMS notifications, based on operator rosters – with escalation.
- Developed the SCADA and fully integrated the telemetry equipment.
- Contracted electrical installation and fitout
- Design / FAT / Commissioning / SAT / Remote Support.
- Full electrical design – via external contractor and reviewed by AFI
- Switchboard build – via external contractor and reviewed by AFI
- Schneider M580 PLC
- Schneider SCADAPack RTU
- AVEVA System Platform SCADA with full historian
- QNAP NAS system
- Wedeco UVs
- Endress+Hauser Instrumentation