After the upgrade of the sand plant control system, also undertaken by AFI, the next step was to build and commission a site SCADA platform to provide visibility of plant devices and process. This project was broken into three key steps:
- Building a full site point-to-point 5GHz network to allow access to all PLC devices and commissioning long range Wi-Fi access points.
- Supplying PC and networking hardware, designing SCADA graphics to represent the plant, commissioning, and operator training.
- Later upgrades included using FactoryTalk Viewpoint to give operators SCADA access via the web on Wi-Fi connected tablets.
- Collaborate with on-site engineers and contract electricians to interface existing Control Logix PLC.
- Design networking infrastructure for site-wide point-to-point network functionality with additional long range Wi-Fi access for SCADA access via tablet.
- Design of SCADA graphics to interface with sand plant PLC
- FAT / SAT / Commissioning / On-site and Remote Support
- FactoryTalk View SE Local Station including:
- HMI Graphics
- FactoryTalk Directory
- FactoryTalk ViewPoint
- FactoryTalk Linx
- Remote Desktop Access
- Ubiquiti 5GHz Networking Hardware
- Mikrotik 2.4/5GHz Wi-Fi Network Hardware
- Mikrotik Routers/Switches