The Water Treatment Plant in Queensland, Australia was upgraded to increase the plant capacity, automatically determine which of seven alternate raw water sources were to be used, and to comply with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines. The upgrade consisted of a new rapid mix tank, filter air scour system, chemical storage, make-up and dosing, completely new controls hardware and complete replacement of the existing telemetry system.
This project won an ‘Excellence Award’ for a Queensland Water Project under $5M, at the institute of Public Works Engineering Australia Queensland Conference in October 2014.
- Reviewed and amended the functional design specifications.
- Specified and selected all automation equipment.
- Developed all PLC software (RSLogix 5000).
- Developed the redundant Intouch SCADA system – including establishment of a secure remote access system in collaboration with the council IT staff
- Developed an alarm notification and escalation system based on operator rosters.
- Developed the SCADA and fully integrated the telemetry equipment.
- FAT / Commissioning / SAT / Remote Support.
- Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC – including Point I/O on ethernet with 500+ I/O points.
- Redundant Wonderware SCADA.
- Abbey Systems RTUs
- Abbey Systems Powerlink fully integrated into Wonderware.
- Schneider drives and soft-starters.