AFI are the preferred system integrators for the Interislander Vessels.
The Kaiarahi clutch control system had been running on obsolete IDEC PLC controllers that were installed with the original ship build in 1998. AFI were approached to upgrade the PLCs to modern marine-approved hardware – adding manual control functions from a new HMI installed in the engine control room. All four clutch control systems were upgraded over a period of 6 months. On board engineers were incredibly pleased that they now had visibility of each clutch system on the HMI installed in the engine control room. The addition of manual controls allowed the engineers to manipulate the clutches in the case of automatic control failure.
- Collaborate with engineers on board to ensure minimal disruption to ship services
- Supply and program PLC and HMI hardware
- Commission standalone network between clutch PLC’s and HMI
- FAT / SAT / Commissioning / Onsite support
- Schneider M221 PLCs
- Schneider Magelis HMI
- Advantech Network Switches
- Allen Bradley Flex I/O
- Siemens Simatic PLC