AFI are the preferred system integrators for the Interislander Vessels.
After the failure of a main engine gearbox bearing, AFI were approached to provide a system to detect early signs of bearing failure through temperature and lubrication oil monitoring. A full system was designed, in collaboration with InTech instrumentation, to monitor 16 temperature probes and an oil quality monitor on each gearbox. The PLC was set up to communicate to two ethernet connected analog multiplexers and two RS485 connected oil quality monitors. A panel PC running AVEVA Edge provided visualisation and alarming for engineers in the engine control room.
- Collaborate with on-board engineers to ensure minimal disruption to ship services
- Supply and program PLC and HMI hardware
- Commission standalone network between multiplexers, PLC, and HMI
- FAT / SAT / Commissioning / On-site Support
- Schneider M221 PLCs
- Schneider AVEVA Edge HMI/SCADA
- Advantech Network Switches
- Advantech Panel PC
- Allen Bradley Flex I/O
- Siemens Simatic PLC