AFIís directors have more than 30 years of collective automation and electrical experience.
The team at AFI comes from all sections of the automation and electrical engineering industry, including professional automation/instrumentation engineers and industrial electricians. We can offer automation and electrical expertise in the following fields:
- Water treatment plants.
- Sewage treatment plants.
- Factory machinery and production lines.
- Building Management Systems (BMS) and associated plant equipment.
- Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS).
- Shipping controls.
- Industrial boilers.
- Telemetry Systems.
- Home Automation.
Some of our key projects include:
- Complete software design and commissioning of Kapiti Coast District Council's Otaki Waste Water treatment plant.
- Commissioning of Wellington's Terrace Tunnel Upgrade.
- Automation and Electrical support for Wellington's Terrace and Mt Victoria Tunnels.
- Automation and Electrical support at Callaghan Innovation (formerly Industrial Research Limited).
- Carpentaria Shire Council's Water Treatment plant automation, including a complete overhaul of the existing telemetry system.
- Automation of Talley's 'Added Value' production line in Ashburton.
- Coffee Roaster Automation, data monitoring, and label-maker for Havana.
- Winstone Aggregate's sand plant control system in Petone.
- Automation support for Winstone Aggregates throughout the Greater Wellington region.
- Software design and commissioning of a 10MW boiler at a Newcrest mine in Papua New Guinea.
- Upgrade of Pacific Pine's boiler control system to unattended status.
- Upgrade of Strait Shipping's Monte Stello (ship) and Santa Regina (ship) engine control room automation.
- Complete software design and commissioning of the Baldur's (ship) pitch control system.
- Automation support for NIWA's Tangaroa (ship).
- Home automation solutions.
Back to top
Alastair Cook (Director) | Automation Engineering and Sales
Alastair has more than 18 years of experience as an automation engineer. He graduated in 2001 with a Bachelor of Technology (with Honours) majored in Automation and Engineering from Massey University, Palmerston North. Alastair spent the following 7 years as an automation engineer for Easteel Industries (now RCR Energy) where he was solely responsible for the automation of many large scale industrial boiler installations (30MW+). Through this role Alastair gained invaluable experience in developing functional descriptions, instrumentation, process design, PLC/SCADA software development, electrical design/fault-finding, commissioning, and project management. In 2007 Alastair founded AFI Limited and has since successfully completed many projects within Australasia in a large variety of industries.
Back to top